Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (SCVAS) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Environmental Advocate. The Advocate will promote the mission of SCVAS by advancing our goals with local governments and the public, cooperating with other local environmental groups, and interacting with colleagues at Audubon California in Sacramento . The Advocate reports to the Executive Director. This is a 3-year / 32-hour per week position.The mission of SCVAS--a local chapter of the National Audubon Society—is to preserve, restore, and foster public awareness of native birds and their ecosystems, with a focus on Santa Clara County . Santa Clara County is at the southern tip of San Francisco Bay and may best be known as a world leader in electronic technology. Affiliated with the National Audubon Society, SCVAS is a separate nonprofit entity withits own staff, programs and Board of Directors.
1. Represents SCVAS at government meetings and hearings; works with the SCVAS Environmental Action Committee and other volunteers. • 40%
2. Coordinates conservation projects and campaigns, arranges And participates in meetings with community activists, and keeps The organization abreast of issues of interest to SCVAS.• 20%
3. Prepares background materials, talking points, and recommendedcourses of action for issues or projects SCVAS may wish to pursue, and supports SCVAS fundraising efforts.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Passion for conservation campaigns, environmental policy, community organizing.
2. Demonstrated experience in environmental advocacy.
3. Bachelor' s degree: environmental studies, planning, public policy, and/or conservation biology.
4. Ability to successfully represent SCVAS to the public in a professional manner, especially in public speaking.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate complicated issues to a lay audience, both orally and in writing.
6. Knowledge of the California Environmental Quality Act, and ability to apply that knowledge to preparation of comments on Environmental Impact Reports
COMPENSATION:This is a 4/5ths time position, funded for a minimum of 3 years. Salary will be based on relevant experience and will be competitive with comparable positions in the field. We offer medical, dental, sick and vacation leave. SCVAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Bob Power at: email@example.com.
According to FHM, Kim Lee is one of the top 100 sexiest women in the world. She was born on May 22, 1988 in the US. Her mother is Viet...
It is a known fact that San Jose local politics is controlled by the powerful labor unions - in particular, the South Bay Labor Council. Wi...
. ... Its the circle of life All it moves us all Through despair and hope Through faith and love Till we find our place On pa...
Last November, a Viet kieu in hi tech business finally settled down and married his long time girlfriend. It was a private wedding attend...
Here are some pictures sent out by the famous multi-millionaire Hoang Kieu. He can be seen enjoying himself at the White House with Presid...
Dear Neighbor, The Office of the County Executive, the Santa Clara County Department of Behavioral Health, the County’s Department of ...
With less than 2 weeks before the election, there are two polls showing that Dave Cortese is leading the San Jose City mayoral race by a w...
Supervisor Cindy Chavez addressing the community at the final session of stakeholder meetings two weeks before the approval vote at B...
First some good news - The shelter-in-place mandate is showing some good results. The rate of new infection cases has increased about 4...