Field Rep for Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski
Note: Due to the new redistricting, the new district will contain most of North San Jose and Santa Clara. A typical assembly district has about 500,000 residents
Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski seeks a proactive, strategic, and community-oriented individual for the position of Field Representative in his Fremont District Office.
Basic Function: To act, within Southern Alameda County and Northern Santa Clara County, as an official representative and liaison to the Assemblymember. This is a FULL TIME, Entry Level position.
• Establish relationships with elected officials, community leaders, business groups, and local organizations.
• Attend local meetings, events, and hold office appointments on behalf of the Assemblymember.
• Recommend and execute strategies to meet identified outreach goals, and track issues of importance to our community.
• Work in collaboration with staff to identify, plan, and coordinate events for the Assemblymember to attend and host.
• Resolve constituent concerns with state and local agencies.
• Complete various assigned tasks and projects, as directed.
• Provide administrative assistance, including: data entry, answering phones, writing correspondence, greeting constituents, and maintaining basic office
operations and systems.
• Candidates MUST understand the basic functions and organization of the California State Legislature.
• Strong verbal and written skills are required. Must be comfortable with public speaking.
• Enthusiastic, proactive, and organized. Time management skills are a MUST.
• Must possess extensive computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, Outlook Email.
• Professional demeanor.
• Willingness to be flexible in a small, team oriented office.
• Candidates must be team players that also work well independently.
• Must have a car and valid driver's license.
• Willingness to work nights and / or weekends as necessary to attend events with or on behalf of the Assemblymember.
• Candidates with political experience or knowledge of local or state government are preferred.
• Familiarity with the East Bay Area, including San Jose, Fremont, Newark, Union City, Hayward, and Castro Valley.
• B.A. or equivalent degree.
• Additional knowledge of computer graphic programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design are a plus.
• Second language (Spanish / Chinese) is a plus.
Salary: Dependent upon experience. Excellent Benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and one-page writing sample to:
Office of Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski
Attn: Trisha Tahmasbi, Chief of Staff
State Capitol, Room 4162
Sacramento, CA 95814
Or Fax: 916.319.2120
Attention: Trisha Tahmasbi, Chief of Staff
No telephone calls, please.
Compensation: Salary: Dependent upon experience. Excellent Benefits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.