The Lan and Mark Beyster Public Interest Fellowship will provide $25,000 to one law graduate who will work for one year to provide legal services to and advocacy for the Vietnamese American community and/or other underserved, underresourced communities. The Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California (VABANC) will administer the Fellowship Program.
Mark Beyster is the son of Robert Beyster, the legendary founder of SAIC, the largest employee-owned research and engineering company in the United States. Mark and Lan Ly were married earlier this year in San Diego.
1. J.D. in hand at the beginning of the grant period or awaiting bar results.
2. Strong demonstrated interest and commitment in working with the Vietnamese American community and/or social justice work with underserved communities.
3. Unique life experience or other experiences in overcoming personal adversity/challenges.
4. Overall academic excellence.
1. Official Law School Transcript
2. Two letters of recommendation
4. A proposal no more than 3 pages (12 point, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins) detailing the proposed public interest project, and describing which legal rights the applicant will be enforcing and the projectâ€™s relevancy in advancing the legal and civil rights of the Vietnamese American community and/or other underserved communities. (Please note that the applicant should have secured a host non-profit legal organization who will support his or her work and he or she should describe the legal organizationâ€™s role in the project.)
Please send completed applications by December 1, 2010, with a cover letter indicating interest, to VABANC at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Quyen Ta at email@example.com.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Actress, Hiep thi Le, who starred in Oliver Stone's third movie in his Vietnam war trilogy, passed away three days ago due to compli...
According to FHM, Kim Lee is one of the top 100 sexiest women in the world. She was born on May 22, 1988 in the US. Her mother is Viet...
Kieu Hoang, 69, the owner of RAAS Group debuts recently on the 2014 Forbes Billionaires List after the shares of one of his companies, ...
Last November, a Viet kieu in hi tech business finally settled down and married his long time girlfriend. It was a private wedding attend...